***A MINIMUN OF ONE COACH MUST BE ACE CERTIFIED***
Background Check must be completed by ALL coaches/scorekeepers/bench personnel
ACE Certification and Background check documentation will be randomly spot checked.
You must have documentation with you to be on the bench!!!
1. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK IN AT THE TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS WHERE YOU ARE PLAYING BEFORE YOUR FIRST GAME.
2. ASA rules will apply except for the following SDASA modifications.
* Run rule: 12 after 3, 8 after 5 innings
* Time limit: 1 hour 20 minutes, including championship games. No new inning will start after this amount of time has elapsed. Time starts with the flip of the coin. Umpire will keep the official time.
* The 10 and under division will have a 5 runs per inning imposed.
* Pitchers will be allowed 3 warm up pitchers prior to the first inning and one each following inning.
* There will be a one minute time limit between each half inning.
3. Courtesy runners will be allowed for both pitcher and the catcher, per ASA rules.
4. Injury rule is in effect along with the “short handed” rule per ASA code.
5. Your team must be prepared to play 30 minutes before game time.
6. All batting helmets must have chin straps and face masks that are worn properly.
7. Call catchers must wear helmets with earflaps. Catchers must wear all other protective gear.
8. In the event of a tie score after 7 innings, or time has elapsed, the tie breaker rule will be used.
9. NO metal cleats are allowed in 12 and under age divisions. If found, these will be taken away until the end of the tournament. Players age 12 and below that are playing in an upper division are not allowed to wear metal cleats.
10. Score cards will be provided. Please exchange the scorecard with the opposing coach and give this to the umpire at the coin toss.
11. Warm-ups/infield practice is not allowed on the skinned portion of the field. This is including the pitchers.
12. Whether standing or kneeling, catchers must wear a face mask when warming up pitchers.
13. Please warm up in the designated areas at each field.
14. Cracked helmets or damaged/illegal bats will be confiscated and returned at the end of the tournament.
15. Winning coach must report the scores.
16. Coaches are responsible for checking the “official bracket board” and maintaining contact with the tournament officials at headquarters to determine if there are time or diamond changes.
17. All decisions made by the tournament committee are final.
18. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR SMOKING WILL BE ALLOWED AT ANY OF THE COMPLEXES. IF FOUND, THE PERSON WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO THE PARENTS ON YOU TEAM!! This event is for the youth of South Dakota, so let’s make it an enjoyable for them.
19. In the event of inclement weather, the Tournament Committee will have complete and final discretion on the manner to conclude the tournament.
20. Games will be played at Sherman Park Complex, 12th and Kiwanis Ave, and Harmodon Park, 41st and Highway 11. PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR PARENTS that entry fees will be charged. Adults $5.00 per day, and ages 10 and under free.
21. Birth certificates and/or photo ID’s (copy of a driver’s licenses are accepted) are mandatory. Spot checking will be done.
22. All players and coaches must be properly dressed while on or off the fields.
23. If you need more player passes these will be provided to you when you check in your team.
24. Please review this information with your players and fans.
BEST WISHES AND HAVE FUN!!! THANKS FOR SUPPORTING OUR YOUTH OF SOUTH DAKOTA!!